- Get this book now for the introductory price
- Adventures beyond Prague.
- Definitely wonderful book!
- The book “Czeching In” is for anyone who has Czech ancestors, is planning a trip to the Czech Republic, has been there or wants to learn in an entertaining way about this dazzling country located in the heart of Europe.
- An American immigrant reconnects with her native land, the Czech Republic. This equal-parts travelogue, history, and memoir could only be written by a curious native with a wicked sense of humor.
- After living in California for over three decades, Lenka, with her husband Larry (a Midwesterner with just the right amount of uniqueness), zigzag the Czech country roads, visiting towns with unpronounceable names like Mstislavice or Hvížďalka. As they search for the answer to why Lenka’s father stood taller when he said, “I’m Czechoslovakian”, Lenka discoveries sometimes heart-wrenching, sometimes victorious, often grotesquely strange bits and pieces of her country’s past, providing deeper insight into the complex history and culture of her beer-loving, rule-defying countrymen who have learned to survive squeezed between superpowers – Russia and Germany – and emerged better for it.
- Brilliant gift; this unforgettable book will be treasured by anyone!
- Showing also author’s Lenka Glassner picture.
- Printed in USA